UFC Promotes Conor McGregor On 'Embedded,' Several Championship Matches Set

Grant Boone
April 9, 2018

At the Brooklyn's Kings County Criminal Court he was charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief relating to his attack on a UFC 223 fighter bus the previous day.

During a press conference Friday, White said fighters forced off the card due to the incident, in which McGregor and a group of men were caught on video attacking and damaging a bus carrying several fighters on Saturday's card, would still receive their show money.

McGregor‚ sporting a beard and a somber expression‚ stood through the hearing with hands shackled behind his back‚ saying only a few inaudible words to the lawyer. "I would think given the fact that assault charges are misdemeanors and the most serious charge is criminal mischief, it's unlikely he would face jail time", he went on to say.

"He is captured on video surveillance picking up a chair and throwing it at the window of a passenger bus", the prosecutor said.

What we got was a mix of fighters hyping upcoming bouts and questions about what the UFC are going to do about the Conor McGregor situation. McGregor is free to return to Ireland if he chooses too.

The Freaky Friday star was filmed "getting crazy" himself earlier this week, after he appeared to threaten a valet attendant. Also hurt in the irruption was flyweight fighter, Ray Borg.

White also said that the attack "was the last stunt on Earth we would ever pull".

Trump sees trade deal with 'friend' Xi
Chinese workers stand in front of a loaded cargo ship docked at a port in Qingdao in east China's Shandong province on Sunday. Trump's latest proposal intensified what was already shaping up to be the biggest trade battle in more than a half century.

UFC President Dana White said McGregor would be stripped of his lightweight title, which would go to the victor of Saturday's bout.

Conor had his first hearing in front of the court on Friday in NY where he was charged with three counts of assault and one of criminal mischief, a judge ordered a bail of $50,000 for Conor and $25,000 for his ally in the attack and friend, Cian Cowley. His bail was set at $25,000.

The incident caused several cuts to the face of UFC fighter Michael Chiesa, who had been scheduled to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 223 on Saturday.

"No.no", White said on ESPN's 'Get Up!' when asked if he would help McGregor. McGregor profanely responded on Twitter and wrote, "You'll strip me of nothing".

McGregor (21-3) last fought for UFC in November 2016, when he won the lightweight (155-pound) championship, according to Bleacher Report.

The ugly scenes were condemned by UFC president Dana White, who labelled them "one of the most disgusting things that's happened in the history of the company". "He's working on boxing Floyd Mayweather and then he's talking about fighting Khabib in Russian Federation right after". Why do you need to come here and show up like you want to fight?

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER