Police Launch Investigation Into Seven Hills Student Death

Clay Curtis
April 13, 2018

Cincinnati authorities are investigating the death of 16-year-old Kyle Plush near Seven Hills School.

"Help, help, help", the desperate teen told the first 911 operator, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer. Then he let out a scream: "Help!" I ask that our City join me in praying for the Plush family, Ron, Jill and Ali during this very hard time. I can't hear you. Distant banging could be heard in the background. More calls were then made to 911. The teen said several times he was at "Seven Hills", which is the name of the Cincinnati school he attended.

Cincinnati police officers arrived at the scene after the calls were made but couldn't find the van. "Help. I need help", he says.

A family member found the teen dead in the auto, which was unlocked, an hour later, police said. Issac said a formal interview has not yet been conducted with Smith.

A Honda spokesperson told ABC News "there have been no recalls affecting the seats of the 2002 Honda Odyssey in the United States".

Plush died of asphyxia due to chest compression in the parking lot of his school.

"This was a horrific tragedy", Isaac said. "We are actively working to identify experts to assist us in this investigation", says Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters in a statement.

Netflix Officially Pulls Out of Cannes
The issue is likely to be one which causes ongoing friction as Netflix makes its presence known in the film distribution business. In addition, he's not completely ruling out the possibility of a repaired future between Netflix and the festival.

Shortly after Plush's first call, the dispatcher called him back but she was directed to his voicemail, so she assumed it was a prank call. However, the Journal-News reports that the 911 operator that took the boy's call has been placed on leave after failing to convey the color, make, and model of the van to the responding officer. "I'll get back to you as soon as I can".

Plush called 911 again around 3:35 p.m. and the second call-taker had trouble hearing him.

The call lasted almost three minutes before it disconnected, police said. I have been told by the administration that problems were being resolved through Cincy Stat and other efforts.

"I probably don't have much time left, so tell my mom I love her if I die", he said. "This is not a joke". "I'm trapped inside my gold Honda Odyssey van. Send officers immediately. I'm nearly dead".

But his pleas went unanswered. "The call-taker did not communicate with the caller, and the information was not relayed to the officers who were still on the scene at the time", Issac said of the second call.

A night shift worker at the school also called saying he was with Plush's father in the parking lot.

The teen's parents then used an app to track his cellphone and called police, reporting that their son was missing, police said.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article