Los Angeles D.A. Reviewing Sexual Assault Case Against Sylvester Stallone

Brenda Watkins
June 14, 2018

Can't connect right now!

Los Angeles County prosecutors Wednesday began reviewing whether actor Sylvester Stallone should face charges in connection with a sexual assault reported a year ago to Santa Monica police, a spokesman said.

Prosecutors are reviewing sexual assault allegations against Sylvester Stallone, stemming from a a woman's claim to police that the actor raped her in his Santa Monica office in 1990, according to reports.

In 2017, media reports indicated a woman had filed a police report in Santa Monica against Stallone about an incident in the 1990s.

The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond.

George Lucas had a bad idea for Star Wars sequel trilogy
And he's not too happy some who claim they are fans are spoiling the franchise for others - and for the stars, especially. Boyega's most recent post reads: "EP 9 loading. see ya!" - referring to the fact he's working on the new Star Wars film.

In December, Stallone vehemently denied sexual assaulting anyone through his attorney Martin Singer.

Santa Monica police told reporters in December that they were investigating allegations made against the actor, but they didn't provide any further details.

The attorney said at the time that he planned to submit a claim against the woman for filing a false police report. The alleged victim filed a police report in May.

Producer Harvey Weinstein was charged in NY with rape and sexual assault last month.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER