Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Causes Fatal Injuries in Newark

Clay Curtis
July 13, 2018

Kahali Johnson found his wife Tameka Hargrave, 39, and her lover, 56, dead of carbon monoxide poisoning near a running auto in a closed garage where they had been having sex.

The 39-year-old woman was apparently paying for work on her auto by having sex with the 56-year-old mechanic, NBC New York reported.

Law enforcement sources told the station that his wife, Tamika Hargrave, 41, was allegedly having sex with the other man, age 56, when they both passed out and died.

Kahali Johnson, of Newark, discovered the pair inside a running vehicle just before 9 p.m., according to NBC 4.

Hargrave's husband found his wife and the man after smelling a strong odor of gas in his apartment. They say the two were having sex in a auto in the garage when they were both killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

"As I tried to step to open the last garage door, I see the mechanic; he's laid out", Johnson told WABC.

Twitter’s crackdown on fake accounts will make you look less popular
The social-media company warned on Wednesday that its crackdown on fake accounts means users will have fewer followers. Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift , lost about 2 million each, leaving them at 104 million and 83.2 million respectively.

Johnson believes that his wife died of carbon monoxide poisoning, and criticized the apartment for not having proper alarm systems in the garage.

The names of the woman and man found dead are now being withheld by Newark Police. NJ.com reported that the two victims were inside the "running vehicle". We don't know, ' she said.

'I just want my mother back.

"Basically she died because of carbon monoxide", Johnson said. I can't do that, ' she said. Why can't they get smoke detectors?

The grieving husband, Johnson, is blaming the alarm systems in the garage.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER