Shots fired at mosque in central Christchurch

Clay Curtis
March 15, 2019

Local media said there were multiple casualties at one mosque and said another had been evacuated, and there were reports that members of the Bangladesh cricket team were also present at one site.

Cricinfo's Bangladesh correspondent Mohammad Isam posted a video to Twitter of the team rushing through Hagley Park away from the mosque.

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said in a statement that "all Christchurch schools have been placed into lockdown".

"I don't they're in a mental state to play cricket at all".

Soon after they were barred from getting off the bus, the players escaped and ran through Hagley Park.

New Zealand Police have stormed the area and are urging anyone in the area to stay indoors.

He said he saw about four people injured and two people lying on the ground and did not know if they were alive or dead.

Tebow reassigned to minor league camp by Mets
On Tuesday morning, the Mets announced they've optioned right-handed relievers Paul Sewald and Jacob Rhame to minor league camp. Tebow has continued his duties in the fall for ESPN while playing in the Mets minor league system.

"There is a barricade in the middle so if somebody gets inside by using the main door they have to come inside and walk maybe one minute".

The Bangladesh team were able to return to Hagley Oval, where Saturday's third Test was scheduled to take place.

Gunfire was heard coming from the direction of the mosque and several people are were seen on the ground outside the building, One News reported on Friday.

Much of Christchurch is in lockdown.

Armed police have been deployed after receiving reports of shots fired in the city center at 1:40 p.m. Friday local time. I'm speaking from experience, I'm speaking from what I've heard. "I ran behind the mosque", he told TVNZ.

All members of the Bangladesh Cricket Team in Christchurch, New Zealand are safely back in the hotel following the incident of shooting in the city. Lots of people were sitting on the floor.

Witness Len Peneha says he saw a man dressed in black enter the Masjid Al Noor mosque and then heard dozens of shots, followed by people running from the mosque in terror.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article