Suspect In New Zealand Mosque Attack Appears In Court

Clay Curtis
March 17, 2019

The bodies of some of the victims in New Zealand's mosque shootings will be released on Sunday to loved ones for burial, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said, as the death toll rose to 50 when police found another body.

Ardern's office said the suspect sent the "manifesto" by email to a generic address for the prime minister, the opposition leader, the speaker of the parliament and around 70 media outlets just minutes before the attack.

"That provision exists regardless of the immigration status of those who have lost their lives and regardless of the immigration status of their loved ones", the prime minister said in a statement according to ilmfeed.

"I have been deeply saddened by the appalling events in Christchurch today", she said. There unfortunately were no such details in that email.

Ms Ardern said she had read "elements" of the lengthy, meandering and conspiracy-filled far-right "manifesto".

Huang Yan, the manager of the Christchurch branch of China's Southern Airlines, told Xinhua the mass shooting would bring negative impact on New Zealand tourism as Christchurch has just been recovered from the aftermath of the 2011 deadly natural disaster.

People gather at a memorial to pay tribute to victims of the mosque attacks outside Masjid Al Noor in Christchurch, New Zealand, March 16, 2019.

"By the time we were advised of that email, the attack had taken place". A fourth person who was apprehended but has since been released as he "was a member of the public who was in possession of a firearm, but with the intention of assisting police".

On Friday, an important weekly day of worship within the Islamic faith, he proceeded to live-stream a 17-minute video of the 36-minute attack as he opened fire in both locations, killing 49 people and wounding dozens of others.

Pakistan's high commissioner said six citizens had been killed and three were missing.

Paris Jackson Is 'Doing Fine' Following Accident That Prompted Hospitalization
A source told TMZ that this reported suicide attempt was directly related to the Leaving Neverland documentary . Last week she noted that Taj "is doing a flawless job on his own. and I support him. but that's not my role".

Hassan said his own family was alive but that some of his friends were looking for their parents.

"We have medical forensic staff and highly trained police staff all working to [ensure this happens]".

Thirty-four people were still in Christchurch Hospital with 12 in critical condition and one child was moved to dedicated children's hospital in Auckland. A family friend said Mucaad was born in New Zealand to parents from Somalia.

"Identification hearings will start this afternoon and we are anticipating that the process of returning the deceased will commence tonight", Judge Marshall said.

He confirmed all victims were connected with the mosques.

Ardern said she had spoken with Trump, who asked how he could help.

She said options and the appropriate timing for national commemorative services were under consideration and would be announced in the days to come.

One victim posted a Facebook video from his hospital bed, asking for prayers for himself, his son and daughter.

She also signalled that if convicted, he would serve his sentence in New Zealand. I had a regular childhood, without any great issues.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER