TEN babies have died in a Fisher-Price sleeper, safety officials warn

Daniel Fowler
April 13, 2019

A warning has been issued about the Fisher-Price Rock 'N Play infant swing.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says at least 10 infants died after rolling from their back to their stomach, or side, while unrestrained in the rocker.

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission confirmed they are investigating the sleeper, but revealed there are no reported deaths in Australia in relation to the product.

Medical experts say the product poses a risk because infants typically begin to roll over at three months.

"The latest death was reported last month, said Patty Davis, a spokeswoman with CPSC".

Fisher-Price said in a statement that their product meets safety standards, but there is a risk the product would be used incorrectly.

Star Wars' Episode IX Rise Of Skywalker sees evil emperor Palpatine return
Is Rey actually Luke Skywalker's daughter? Daisy Ridley confirmed that the lightsaber she is wielding belongs to Luke Skywalker. While we know little about her character apart from the name, there was a brief glimpse of her on the screen during the panel.

On its website, Fisher-Price said the company "will continue to work closely with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and other worldwide regulators, to encourage the safe use of our products and find ways to keep your little ones happy, healthy and above all - safe".

"Make sure that no pillows, blankets or extra padding are placed in the Rock 'n Play sleeper", a statement from Mattel read.

Safe sleeping is always a top-priority concern for new parents. In all cases, the infants were not secured with the sleeper's harness.

In another post in 2016, Benaroch wrote: "The Rock-n-Play Sleeper ... is marketed and sold as a "sleeper.' You can tell, because the word 'sleeper" is in the name of the product".

In addition to advising against sleep products like the Rock 'n Play, the AAP also cautions parents against using any other products for sleep that require restraining a baby.

'The ACCC urges parents with this product to keep it out of reach of children.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER