Baby Dies on AirAsia Flight

Clay Curtis
April 24, 2019

The two-month-old baby died after experiencing a medical emergency on board AirAsia flight D7236 from Kuala Lumpur. The next flight from Perth was delayed and the staff of AirAsia brought the passengers apology.

Parenzee said that an air hostess had asked her to hold the baby, who was restless and crying during the take-off. "I felt her pulse and felt her breath and thought "Oh my God, this baby is dying".

"We didn't want to tell the parents that it happened because, I think what we were dealing with is, the parents would have had to hold their dead baby", she said.

Ms Parenzee said, just before the plane landed, she had to tell Farah's father that she had died.

"She was struggling to breathe, so I said a little prayer".

As a result, Air Asia's Perth-Kuala Lumpur flight D7237, which was scheduled to depart at 6:50am is now delayed.

"Speaking to The West Australian, Parenzee described how Farah's parents reacted to the terrible news, saying, "[Her father] lost it.

Oregon K-9 Odin recovering after porcupine attack; porcupine 'remains at large'
Deputies told FOX12 Oregon Odin was doing well as he rested at home, but his porcupine assailant "remains at large". Odin's medical bills were picked up by a charity, Friends of Coos County Animals.

"As soon as I said that, she went limp and I just said to the stewardess, 'this is a medical emergency, this is not a baby in distress", Parenzee added.

"To the unbelievable staff of AirAsia you were wonderful and I commend your professionalism".

Western Australian Police and paramedics assisted the air crew once the flight had safely landed at Perth Airport.

Four doctors came forward to try and save the infant by giving her cardiopulmonary resuscitation, but they did not manage to save her.

"Upon arrival, the aircraft was met by a team of medical specialists and the relevant authorities, including the WA Police".

The death is now under investigation while a report is prepared for a coroner.

Police said they are not treating the death as suspicious, but declined to comment on the circumstances of the death or the child's medical situation. It's believed the infant was suffering from a respiratory illness.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article