Buckingham Palace intruder FOILED in Queen attack plan

Brenda Watkins
July 11, 2019

British police said they had detained a man who scaled the front gates of Queen Elizabeth's Buckingham Palace, nearly 37 years to the day after the most famous break-in at the monarch's home in central London.

Past year a homeless man who trespassed in the grounds of Buckingham Palace and damaged items before sleeping on them was jailed for 28 days. He was just meters away from Queen Elizabeth's headquarters before he was arrested at 2am on Thursday, according to Metro.

The Duke of Edinburgh, who has been based on the Queen's Sandringham Estate in Norfolk since his retirement in 2017, was not at Buckingham Palace.

"Officers quickly established that he wasn't carrying any weapons and the incident isn't terror related".

"How is it possible all these years later that someone can climb the fence and get right inside the grounds without being stopped immediately?" the source told The Sun.

"This intruder got into the palace nearly 37 years to the day since Michael Fagan managed to get inside the queen's bedroom", the source revealed to The Sun. There is a genuine theory and very real fear that he could have been launching a copycat operation.

Sources told British tabloids it took police nearly five minutes to apprehend the man, as it remained unclear whether or not he was armed.

Amazon Prime Day Concert
The e-retailer has also teased that Amazon will launch more than 1000 products during the Prime Day sale period. It becomes very easy to get carried away and purchase unwanted things that you may not even need.

An investigation is now underway to probe exactly how the man got onto the grounds.

A man has been arrested after climbing over Buckingham Palace's front gates in the middle of the night, police have said.

Fagan scaled a palace drainpipe to enter the queen's bedroom and sat chatting with her for 10 minutes before she was able to summon help.

Buckingham Palace is yet to comment on the matter.

It wasn't until four minutes later that he was apprehended by police, reports The Sun.

He was held on suspicion of trespassing at around 2 a.m. on Wednesday by specialist royal police officers, the Metropolitan police said.

The 31-year-old schizophrenic then began talking to her about his family problems.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article