Buckingham Palace staffer reportedly contracts coronavirus

Brenda Watkins
March 24, 2020

As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to spread around the world and more positive cases are confirmed around the globe, the royal family appears to be taking measures to make sure that Queen Elizabeth and other senior members of the family are kept safe.

As a result Queen Elizabeth has left Buckingham Palace for Windsor Castle.

It is unclear if she had closely communicated with the unnamed aide who went down with the infection early last week.

Every member of staff they came into contact with has been placed in self-isolation, the publication reports. Buckingham Palace has a large staff, including 500 members, and just like anywhere else of such volume and size, it was conceivable that someone would contract the virus, the source added.

Redmi Note 9S with 5000mAh Battery, 48MP Quad Camera Setup Launched
There's as much as 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage on each the brand new telephones from Xiaomi's sub-brand, however it's non-expandable. The phones are also equipped with dual-mode 5G (NSA+SA), Wi-Fi 6, NFC, USB Type-C port, NFC, and 3.5mm headphone jack.

"In line with the appropriate guidance and our own processes, we have taken the necessary actions to protect all employees and people involved", the spokesperson said in a statement.

The palace told the paper it could not comment "on individual members of staff".

A worker for the Queen at Buckingham Palace has contracted coronavirus, according to The Sun newspaper.

And due to strict social distancing restraints - U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Monday night that public gatherings of more than two people will be prohibited - the Queen may give the speech via a video app such as FaceTime or Skype. Buckingham Palace has declined to comment on the reports but said that it was taking all necessary steps in light of the advisory in place for the COVID-19 pandemic, which has been rapidly spreading in the United Kingdom as the death toll rose to 233 on Saturday. "I am certain we are up to that challenge", read the Queen's statement, which also said that the royal family "stand ready" to play their part. The voice of Her Majesty will provide calm reassurance that, ultimately, we will get through this'.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER