Dubai World Cup meeting canceled due to coronavirus

Tanya Simon
March 24, 2020

However, despite the fact that numerous participants who participated in the routine exercise on the Meydan track on Sunday morning, it was announced that the card had been postponed.

Irish thoroughbred Thunder Snow, mounted by Belgian jockey Christophe Soumillon, is the first horse to win the event twice.

"This is happening all over the world, including England, and I think it is in the best interests of keeping everybody very healthy", he told the Press Association.

"We have to put this into perspective. We've just got to go on and try to get the world fixed". It will take time, but hopefully, all around the world, people get better.

Bin Suroor divides his time between Dubai and the United Kingdom, but is not thinking of his own return yet, he is more concerned about the whereabouts of his horses.

Apple update Siri to provide Coronavirus advice
Apple joins other tech giants that are working to aid folks who are looking for more information about the coronavirus pandemic. It will advise people who say they have extreme or life-threatening symptoms to consider calling 911.

Fellowes told the Racing Post getting Prince Of Arran back to England was going to be hard in the wake of travel restrictions around the world.

"It is a real shame for Benbatl".

USA -based trainer Luis Carvajal Jr., who conditions the would-be Dubai Golden Shaheen (G1) favorite Imperial Hint, tweeted that he "can't believe that they (waited) until few days before we run" to cancel.

Prince of Arran, who has been placed in the past two Melbourne Cups, briefly returned home following his third-placed effort in the US$2.5m (A$4.3m) Longines Turf Handicap (3000m) in Saudi Arabia on February 29.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER