China says no new cases confirmed locally

Clay Curtis
March 27, 2020

On Wednesday, four more people died, health officials said, three deaths in the central Hubei province - the epicenter of COVID-19. The province so far reported a total of 67,801 COVID-19 confirmed cases, including 50,006 in Wuhan.

Reports revealed that there were another 47 imported infections from overseas, the National Health Commission of China reported as the number of cases continued to surge in the country.

Requiring at least 108 participants, the trial will be conducted in Wuhan, capital of Hubei province, the region worst-affected by the virus in the country, state-run China Daily reported.

The lockdown of Hubei's capital Wuhan, where the virus first appeared late previous year, will be lifted on 8 April, a milestone in China's war against the epidemic as Beijing shifts its focus towards stemming imported cases and rebooting the economy.

Hubei reported 58 new suspected cases and nation-wide 159 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus, the NHC said.

The encouraging news comes as Hubei wraps up a massive quarantine of its 60 million residents, allowing citizens to travel freely and return to work as businesses reopen after months of virus-induced lockdown.

Qualcomm’s latest Bluetooth chips could bring ANC to lower-cost earbuds
The chips also bring voice assistant support with them, but this is where they differ from each other. The Sony WF-1000XM3 retails for RM949, although that price has been heavily discounted since.

China is strongly pushing back on U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's insistence on referring to the deadly novel coronavirus that has sparked a global pandemic as the "Wuhan virus" after the city in China where it was first detected. This included 3,281 people who died of the disease, 4,287 patients still being treated and 73,650 patients discharged after recovery, the NHC said.

Also on Wednesday, six deaths and 58 new suspected cases were reported on the mainland with all the deaths in Hubei Province and all the suspected cases from overseas.

"We must take strict measures to prevent imported COVID-19 cases from overseas and a rebound of the epidemic domestically", Mi stressed.

Meanwhile, over 800 people stuck in Hubei province since January 23 lockdown have arrived in Beijing, official media reported.

Passengers wearing face masks wait for their train to arrive at Hefei railway station in Hefei, in Chinas eastern Anhui province which borders Hubei province, the centre of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, on March 25, 2020. According to the Johns Hopkins coronavirus tracker, there are 471,518 confirmed cases across the world and 21,293 deaths recorded.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER