Oscar Isaac reportedly in talks to star as Marvel superhero Moon Knight

Brenda Watkins
October 26, 2020

Oscar Isaac is in talks to star within the Marvel sequence "Moon Knight" at Disney Plus, Selection has discovered.

Moon Knight aka Marc Spector, will be a mercenary who has numerous alter egos - cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant - in order to better fight the criminal underworld. This gives Marvel the opportunity to tell a really good story about mental health - something on all of our minds these days - and Isaac is certainly capable of handling a potentially hard and sensitive performance. The series will be run by Jeremy Slater, who previously developed Netflix's comic book adaptation Umbrella Academy.

"Moon Knight" is considered one of a number of Marvel sequence within the works at Disney Plus, with a number of others set to function stars from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Newcomer Iman Vellani was also cast Ms. Marvel.

This would be a rather juicy role for Isaac, and perhaps not a surprising one for many actors to covet, because Moon Knight is one of Marvel's most eccentric and unusual heroes. As he lay dying, Spector was approached by the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, who offered him a second chance at life in exchange for becoming his avatar on Earth.

Oscar Isaac in Talks to Lead Disney+’s Moon Knight Series!

Being a former Marine and a former boxer, Moon Knight is an expert in hand-to-hand combat, and his super strength is directly tied to the moon itself: the fuller it gets, the stronger he gets. He portrayed Apocalypse in X-Men: Apocalypse.

No word yet on production of the show getting started, but with a lead cast, the attention now turns towards who will direct the upcoming series for Disney Plus.

What do you think about Oscar Isaac playing Moon Knight in the MCU? Let us know in the comments section below.

Trump aide says ‘we’re not going to control the pandemic’
The vice president and second lady Karen Pence each tested negative for coronavirus on Sunday, a White House official said. Pence's office says there are no plans to curtail campaigning. "I'm not saying he is not campaigning", Meadows said.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER