Victoria lockdown restrictions are completely stupid, says Melbourne media personality

Tanya Simon
June 14, 2021

Mr Foley also revealed contact tracers identified a link between two previously known cases.

New Zealand health officials are advising those who have been to the areas to check the relevant government websites to determine whether they were at any locations of interest at the specified times.

'What these figures tell us, they continue to give us confidence that the system is working, ' Mr Foley said.

A Queensland Health statement at the time said: "Anyone who has been in Victoria in the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter Queensland unless they are a returning Queensland resident, except for a limited range of people who can enter for an essential objective".

The two positives were among the 16,932 test results processed on Sunday, while 13,764 vaccination doses were delivered at state-run sites.

Victoria's Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton on Sunday said Melbourne was "on track" to further ease restrictions later in the week, though "exactly what that will look like is to be determined".

"Most residents will simply be required to test and isolate until negative, that is the Tier Two contact process, but a smaller number, based on the epidemiological work that has been done to date, will probably be more likely to be Tier One exposures".

Queensland Covid-19 vaccination centre.

Could Canada-U.S. border restrictions ease this month?
Department of Homeland Security announced the closure was extended through June 21, 2021 . If we can do it for some, we can surely find a way to do it for all.

Nurses will go door-to-door to ensure people are tested.

'While we're still dealing with new cases emerging, I would really encourage people to help us keep those testing numbers up, ' he said.

There were 64 active cases of Covid in Victoria as of Monday morning, with just three people receiving hospital treatment and none in intensive care.

Investigations into the acquisition source of the positive Reservoir family of four and the Melton couple who travelled to Queensland - all genomically linked to the Kappa variant - are continuing.

The building was listed as an exposure site on June 11 from 8.40am to 9.25am and again from 4.50pm to 5.40pm, June 10 from 8.40am to 9.25am and again from 4.50pm to 5.30pm, and June 9 from 8.40am to 9.25am and again from 4.35pm to 5.30pm.

More than 2,000 Victorians are isolating after coming into contact with a positive case, while about 130 exposure sites remain listed as of Monday afternoon.

Covid fragments have also been detected in the sewage systems of a handful of suburbs, sparking concerns the virus could be in the region undetected.

The woman developed COVID-19 symptoms on June 3, indicating they may have been infectious when they left their Melton home.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER